Friday, February 9, 2018

Seven-inch Review: NEID Noise Treatment (Sliptrick Records)

Noise Treatment
Release Date: December 12, 2017
County of origin: Italy
Genre: Grindcore
I am just throwing on ''Noise Treatment,'' a 7'' by the grindcore band NEID before bed and it is a structured piece of grind. The first thing that jumped out at me was the vocals. Although not really a ''grind'' band, these guys remind me of the band BRUJERIA, at least vocally. Aside from the vicious lows, there are also chaotic highs in parts. The shreds and tears are brutal, heavy rhythms strewn within insane blasts. The drummer also deserves credit, as they are clearly no amateurs. This is not your run of the mill low-fi grind. This piece is actually well produced and the effort can be easily seen and heard. I like low-fi, but I notice well done production when I hear it. Although tagged as grind, I can also hear some ''grind and roll'' riffs within this release. This is also thrashy in parts, and I think it would appeal to people who are interested in various genres. The whole release is phenomenal, but the best part would have to be the ending. In the blink of an eye, the blasts stop and you are thrown amidst the chaos of a slow chugging finale, the sounds that permeate your ear-drums being ominous and slowly pounding. It is obvious to me that this is great and I think everyone into grind and any other form of extreme music should check this one out. -Devin Joseph Meaney

Track list:
1. Rhabdoviridae
2. The Burden Of Progress
3. Noise Treatment
4. Parameters Of Disorder
5. Nato Per Essere Veloce
6. Clear The Code

No comments:

Post a Comment