Sunday, October 23, 2016

Judith by M Teresa Clayton: Chapter Twenty-Three

JUDITH by M Teresa Clayton
Chapter Twenty-Three 

"Who can gaze into the mirror without becoming evil? The mirror does not reflect evil, but creates it." (Based on the Friedrich Nietzsche quote: "He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee") 

“I think she is crying but I can’t be sure,” the woman spoke.
These are not tears, you stupid fucking bitch. The damn light is too bright and it’s burning my eyes!
“Rashelle, do you think she can hear us?” inquired another female voice from somewhere else in the room.
“Do you think she knows?” answered the first woman.
“We’d better not say anything else just in case she can hear us.”
Close your eyes, sweet baby. I’m going to sing you a lullaby and take you somewhere safe. Do not open your eyes. Block it all out and come with me…

No comments:

Post a Comment